Monday, November 3, 2008

Ditto

I just had to repost this from my aunt Laurie in Northern CA. She totally nails it.
"I am Yes for Prop 8. No matter how many times you steal my sign, or vandalize it, I will still be yes on 8. Replacing my beautiful yellow sign with your No on 8 sign will not change my mind. Nor will it change the minds of any of my neighbors who you have targeted also. Tiptoeing up to my front door, going behind my planters where I have stored my signs for the night, to steal them will NOT CHANGE MY MIND!!! It is stealing. They are my property, not yours. Did your mom ever teach you not to steal?

You are asking for tolerance. Are you so blinded that you can't see that you are not being honest, true, or tolerant? You are denying my rights to freedom of speech. Are you so afraid of what I might have to say?

It is unclear to me how you could possibly think bullying is OK. That is what you are doing. I do not like it. You are not playing fair.

I want my kids to grow up in a world where a religious ceremony has significance. Real significance. It is different. I want to give them the same world that I had. One where we can be free to speak our minds, vote our conscious, and declare war on evil. One where we can choose what is taught to our impressionable young children. One where parents are not arrested for refusing to allow their kids to be taught about homosexuality in early elementary school. Isn't that what America is based on? FREEDOM?

You can't squash me, or my opinion.

My pretty little yellow Yes on 8 sign has already been replaced.

9 comments:

Plain Jame said...

Dont you just despise the people that are acting like someone is a hater, and a criminal, or not humanitarian if people vote against prop 8? uggh. make it all go away!

Plain Jame said...

or for it rather I meant...

From My Eyes said...

I almost, just almost wished for a second that we lived in California. Just to be a part of the voting. I know that my family are pretty happy that the people stood up and voiced their opinion.

*WEST* said...

Hi Mandy! Haley said you had left a comment so I had to say hello! Your little family is beautiful. Its crazy to see how big your family has grown. It looks like everyone is doing well. Tell them all hello ...

Plain Jame said...

HOw are you surviving in fire-land???

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Yeah for Brady and Mandy for sticking up for prop 8!

Laurie said...

I need your current address for a christmas card

e-mail me at laurie.heninger@gmail.com

The Lunds said...

Hey Mandy, this is Kristi Redd Lund. Lisa told me you were in Cali now and living close to where I am. We should get together sometime, our kids might like to play together. My blog is lunderslog.blogspot, leave me a message if your interested.

abo-bder said...




فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني
فني تركيب دش بالرياض