Friday, January 23, 2009

Terminal Illness

Seriously, I'm STILL SICK. I kid you not, the past months are a blur of dragging kids not only into the pediatrician but to my doctor as well and having everyone say "wow, you sure have your hands full." Hasn't anyone ever seen two kids before? Furthermore, I'm on my second antibiotic and dang it...I'm going back to the doc tomorrow. I'm going to go get my own little ear flashlight thing and my own fingernail file and call myself in some drugs that will cure me. Living in Chicago - Not sick. Living in sunny, beautiful, warm & luscious Southern CA...dying a slow death. I think someone is secretly planting chemical warefare on our deck. Did I mention I've been taking Vicadin for my recent root canal?

Since I have no pictures for this post, I thought I'd post one that makes me laugh instead. But I have to tell the story that goes with. Our preschool group now has 4, but has had 5 WILD and fun boys. One particularly hard Monday, I couldn't gain control for a good 20 minutes. The next day I came up with this beauty of an idea. Check it out. They were SILENT! It was beautiful.

6 comments:

Daniel and Stephanie Jacobs said...

Oh I'm so sorry Mandy! This has been such a weird sick season huh? I love the 'zz' and zippers! I'll have to remember that for my preshoolers :-)

Laurie said...

What a funny picture! Get used to the comments about your kids, you are not in Utah, people think you are nuts when you have more than two kids. Strangers will ask you if you had an "accident" right there in front of you kids. YIKES.

Tanya said...

I feel so bad that that you have been so sick! The first year that we moved to the great Chicago land, we were sick "ALL" the time. We were in the doctors office more in that first year that we lived here then in the previous years of our lives. I think when you move to a new area you have to get use to the "new" bugs or something. I don't know. Best of luck with your recovery, and hope you get better soon. That's so sad you've all been so sick! Sorry!

Unknown said...

You should see the looks on people's faces out here when they say I have my hands full with the two I drug to the store and then I inform them that there are two more at school. It looks almost like a reprimand. Especially from the older ladies. I get a kick out of it anyway. I hope you guys get better soon.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

By the way....things are on the up and up here as far as sickness goes. Now I just can't hear. Is that normal?