Friday, May 1, 2009

"You just decide and make a change!"


Sounds like it came from a 35 year old? Well, Alec is 3 going on 35 so I guess that's about right! He had wet his pull-up for 6 months almost EVERY night. I tried everything until three weeks ago, he woke up dry. I made a huge deal and said "If you wake up dry for 7 days in a row, you'll get fingerpaints" (A coveted medium never before tried. Mysteries are so irresistable!) He looks at me as if with a giant epiphany and says

"So, you just decide and then make a change?"

Quite intelligently I reply with "Um...da...yeah, I guess so!" The kicker here is, he NEVER wet his pull-up again. Is he a kick in the pants or what! I keep glancing over at Brady and whispering "I gave birth to that thing ya know!" How LUCKY am I.

4 comments:

di said...

um i heart your little alec. should i have one? i guess i'll find out in about two weeks if i will...ahaha! :P where've you been lady? we're in kari & isaac's ward! xoxo

Shea said...

wow, how grown up is he?! i wish landry would say something like that--i'd love to stop buying pull -ups for bed time.

it was so good to see you this week. i miss not having you here. love ya.

Plain Jame said...

Hey cute girl - you have some pretty awesome kids! I love when my kids say the cutest things, but I soooo wish that I was out of the pull ups with Meg. She's regressing...
Oh well. So maybe we'll see ya this summer!??

K'Lyn said...

What a crack up!