Monday, March 24, 2008

Farewell





To Josh. We love you and miss you more than you can imagine. The memories seem to slip into somewhere hidden now that we are trying so hard to hold on to them. All the times you tried so hard to run and hide from the ever adoring nieces and nephews who just couldn't get enough of you. All the Sunday dinners and the holidays at Grandma's house. I feel so lucky that I got to hear you say "This is the best grandma's house ever!" Thank you for being a sweet gentleman & making your little mother beam with pride. Thank you for helping so many times with Alec and Ella and every other little errand we needed you for and being so willing to help. We wait for the day when we will be able to see you again and hear "Waterfall" played with your own little fingertips. We hope the wait won't seem too long. We love you.

8 comments:

Shea said...

what a special tribute to Josh.
have a good time this weekend with kate. love and miss you!

Tanya said...

So sweet! You have such a good family. It's so hard to believe everything your family has been through. We love you all so much!

Jessie said...

Mandy,
That was so nice. It brought tears to my eyes. I will be excited if I get the privilege of watching the reuniting of all the Spencer family with Josh again one day. I am grateful for the example of strength you have all been through this trial. Sometimes mortality looks so long, and your family has set the fait, and joy in the journey bar so much higher for me. We sure miss you. I felt a lot of loss that week, as so many others did on a much deeper level with you guys leaving on top of everything else. I know you will be blessed and prosper out in California. No doubt about that! You are one of my closest friends, and treasure that. Love ya!

Jill said...

Thank you for posting about Josh. Not being able to make it out for the funeral and to see everyone, this was perfect. I didn't know it hurt so much to lose my cousin until I saw these pictures. Really, thank you very, very much. Lots of love for all of you.

Tara said...

I heard about your Brother-in-law. I'm so sorry. Aren't we so glad to have the gospel and knowledge of the afterlife? Sounds like a real sweet kid. Hope you guys are doing ok. Heard you weren't feeling well either. We're thinking about you guys!

Alisa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you all are doing well and if you ever need anything out here in Cali let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

L said...

Darn you Mandy! I'm sitting in school bored and not wanting to do my project so i think hey I'm gunna look at blogs la la la scroll down and theres a picture of me and josh i haven't seen before! I miss you guys! come back and visit? I really want everyone to come out for 4th of July so we can go wake boarding! =]
Love
Cousin Lisa
P.s. email me: stringhangingbylight@hotmail.com
I know weird its a long story...