Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Earthquake

So we have now survived our first California Earthquake. 5.4 magnitude. Chino Hills was the Epicenter which is about an hour and a half north of us. At first I thought someone had snuck into our house and was behind the couch trying to pick it up and then realized that the walls and everything else was shaking as well. I'm yelling..."Oh my gosh!" and Alec started to freak out and asking me what was wrong. By the time we got up and knew what was going on, ran to the back doorway, it ended lasting about 15 second total. WIERD! Welcome to CA!!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

For our first earthquake Richard ran into the street...NOT SMART! What a dork. I was in the doorway and he was in the street. Congrats for surviving!

Lauren and Christopher said...

I love that face! What a sweetie!

Marissa Joy said...

Ella, so funny!! I love her big personality. Glad that you guys are safe, scary!

Lisa said...

Hey, how come you didn't call and tell me, stupid! Scary! Although I have secretly always wanted to be in an earthquake or a tornado...I know, I'm warped.

di said...

ooo scary! glad to hear everyone is ok. and p.s. - lisa, you are totally warped...lol.

Jamie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha that face is to die for! you forgot to mention I was on the phone with you and "I could do noffing!" It might be a while before we visit again... Travis is deathly afraid of earthquakes!!!

Laurie said...

Where are you??? You have not blogged in a while...