Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cupcakes!!!

So I guess cupcakes are all the rage these days and of course I had to try out Chicago's finest while we were downtown this weekend. We stopped by Cupcakes which was a little on the "I gotta get used to these freaky combinations" sort of bakery with really stylishly decorated cupcakes. I loved the pear and pistachio flavors.




Ella and I hopped out to check out Angel Food Bakery and it's vintage collect-all atmosphere. They are known for their Boston Cream Pie cupcake (shown with red sprinkles). I now know why. YUM!


We happened to drive by a bakery on our way home and I bought Alec a Blue Fishy cupcake. He seems to be loving it here.

3 comments:

Tara said...

MMMMMMMM. I want some. Supposedly there is a good cupcake place here in Utah. but I bet Chicago has all sorts of awesome places like that!

Marissa Joy said...

Yum! I could really go for a cupcake right now. I am so glad that you posted again, it has been awhile and I always look forward to your posts. That poem was so cute of brady. You are both very lucky people.

Shea said...

such good pictures! we started our photo class last night, it'll fun to practice. i wish i could come to chicago and get cupcakes with you and your kids. landry would love it!